Hyundai redesigned the Sonata sedan in 2015 with more conservative styling. And for 2016 the Sonata adds a few styling and suspension upgrades plus boasts enhanced styling. In addition the Sonata Hybrid’s power-train is updated and a plug in version is new for the consumer
Here are 5 fast facts about the 2016 Hyundai Sonata:
1) Trim levels for the 2016 Sonata include base, SE, Sport, Limited, Sport 2.0T, Limited 2.0T, and Eco. More content is added in the Sonata’s cabin this year, including a 7-in. color touch-screen display audio system with smartphone integration for Android Auto and standard rearview camera in most trims. The Sonata’s cabin offers generous rear-seat room and 16.3 cu. ft. of trunk space.
2) Exterior changes on the upscale Limited trim feature a more aggressive front bumper with 3-bar grille plus 17-in. alloy wheels, including woodgrain trim inside on Sonatas with a beige interior.
3) Sonata power starts with a basic, standard, 2.4-liter 4-cylinder GDI engine that produces 185 horsepower and 178 lb.-ft. of torque. A 2.0-liter, turbocharged GDI engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission propels the Sport 2.0T and Limited 2.0T trims. That engine produces 245 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. The Sonata Eco’s turbocharged 1.6-liter engine makes 177 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque partnered with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic. It is EPA-rated to return 32 mpg in combined city/highway driving.
4) To improve handling, Hyundai has reduced the weight of suspension components in all 2016 Sonatas by making them out of aluminum instead of steel.
5) Advanced safety features added this year include automatic emergency braking (AEB) on Sonatas equipped with forward-collision warning systems. Also, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata received a “Top Safety Pick+” crash-test rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)) as well as the highest-possible 5-star overall safety rating from federal safety regulators.
See the full lineup of new and certified Preowned Sonatas at John Amato Hyundai