According to JD Power and associates, Hyundai adds a value trim level to the 2016 Hyundai Elantra, which is available as a 4 door sedan or a 5 door hatchback. It also embellishes exterior front and rear styling on certain variants. The auto maker also offers a choice of connected infotainment and safety systems
If you are researching compact cars, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Hyundai Elantra:
1) The Elantra’s new Value Edition bundles favorite features including 16-in. alloy wheels, power tilt sunroof, leather-covered tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and shift knob, heated front seats, push-button start, chrome and aluminum accents, and side mirror turn signals.
2) Trim levels include SE, Value, Sport, and Limited in manual or automatic editions. Heated and cooled front seats are available on the Elantra GT and a 3-setting drive-mode selector is standard on SE, Limited, and GT trims. The Limited gets extra features such as push-button start, and the Sport comes with cloth seats. For 2016, the GT hatchback gets a new grille and front-end treatment and rides on 17-in. alloy wheels.
3) The Elantra SE and Limited are powered by a 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine that makes 145 horsepower and 130 lb.-ft. of torque and is EPA-rated at 28 mpg in city driving and 38 mpg on the highway. The Elantra Sport comes with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 173 horsepower and 154 lb.-ft. of torque. A 6-speed manual or automatic transmission is available.
4) The 2016 Elantra earned the top rating of 5 stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and received a “Top Safety Pick” designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
5) Elantra’s interior volume—110.4 cu. ft.—outdoes many of its compact rivals; it even surpasses the interior space of the 2015 Nissan Maxima, a midsize car, according to Hyundai. At 14.8 cu. ft., the Elantra’s trunk space beats major compact competitors, Hyundai says.
With over 100 New Elantras in stock. See John Amato Hyundai Superstore for your next vehicle.