With the winter season right around the corner its time to start preparing your vehicle. An investment of your time of an hour to ensure your vehicle is checked to have peace of mind and to avoid the cost of a breakdown in inclement weather.
Scheduling your vehicle for an inspection at John Amato Hyundai Superstore is a sensible way to avoid the inconvenience of being stranded out in the cold with the unexpected expense of emergency repairs
Here are a few suggestions
- Have the battery and charging system check for optimum performance
- Clean, flush and have new antifreeze put in the cooling system. As a general rule you should have this done at least every 18 months
- Have the heaters, defrosters, and windshield wipers inspected. Wipers should be replaced at least every 6 months
- Have your tire tread depth and tire pressure checked. If snow and ice are a problem consider special tires designed to grip the road. During the winter months have your tire pressure checked weekly
- An oil change is necessary. Keep with the manufacturer guidelines. Dirty oil can spell trouble for your engine. Have the technicians at John Amato Hyundai Superstore also check the air and transmission filters at the same time. If needed have them changed
- Consider having a tune up. Winter weather magnifies existing problems, such as hard starts, sluggish performance and rough idling.
- Have your brakes inspected.
- Check your exhaust system Carbon monoxide leaks are especially dangerous during cold weather driving when windows are closed
- Have your exterior and interior lights checked to make sure they are working properly and aimed correctly
If you have any questions please feel free to reach John Amato Hyundai Superstore Service Center
414-357-8500 or www.johnamatohyundai.com