Today’s vehicles are lasting longer than ever before and as Hyundai is among the best build and most dependable vehicles on the market they still need TLC to ensure their longevity. If you are looking to get the maximum miles from the vehicle that you purchased at John Amato Hyundai Milwaukee follow these tips for proper maintenance.
- Regularly change the oil – This is pretty much maintenance task No. 1. Dirty or inadequate oil can cause damage to your engine, as it may result in overheating or lack of proper lubrication. Also, engine oil helps to collect and trap particles from the process of combustion. Be sure to check your oil level regularly and change your oil as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Check the timing belt – Every 50,000 to 70,000 miles have a qualified mechanic check your timing belt and replace it if necessary. A broken timing belt can demolish your engine, so a little preventative maintenance is a wise investment.
- Maintain adequate tire pressure – When your tires are underinflated, your vehicle has to work harder to produce desired acceleration and speed. Over time, this extra exertion can put more wear and tear on the engine, causing it to age ahead of its time. It also costs you in decreased fuel efficiency. So, the next time you’re re-fueling, take the time to check your tire pressure and inflate your tires if needed.
- Garage your vehicle – Keeping your vehicle in a garage will help protect it from extremes of temperature and the elements. This helps maintain the exterior appearance of your vehicle and can also reduce harm caused from exposure to the elements.
- Change the air filter – Air filters play an important role in keeping harmful contaminants out of your engine. A clogged air filter will result in limited airflow to the engine and may allow contaminants in the engine. Change your air filter as recommended by Hyundai.
- Check transmission fluid – Regularly checking your transmission fluid will also help improve the longevity of your vehicle. Transmission problems are expensive to fix and can often be the last straw for car owners wondering about whether to repair or trade off their vehicle. Making sure your transmission fluid is topped off and clean will help ensure proper operation of this important vehicle component.
- Change the spark plugs – Old spark plugs can impair the efficiency of your vehicle. It’s wise to inspect your spark plugs every 30,000 miles or so to determine whether they are corroded and in need of changing.
- Be proactive – When you notice something funny about your vehicle – unusual noise or vibration – don’t wait on a problem to develop before visiting your Hyundai dealership or mechanic. Catching problems early will help you avoid having them develop into more extensive issues.