Late in May 2016, Hyundai is adding smartphone integration to several existing models via a do-it-yourself installation. The software update compatible with CarPlay and Android Auto is now available through myhyundai.com The software is also available at your local Hyundai dealership (www.milwaukeehyundaiservice.com) for an installation fee starting in June.
Current Compatible Systems include
- Sonata 2015 with Navigation and 2016 with Navigation or Display Audio
- Genesis – 2015 with 8 inch touchscreen Navigation with rear-view camera a 2016 Genesis with 8 inch touchscreen Navigation with rear-view camera.
- Elantra GT- 2016 Elantra GT with Navigation
- Tucson – 2016 Tucson with Navigation
- Santa Fe Sport – 2017 Santa Fe Sport with 7 inch touchscreen and 8-inch Navigation
- Santa Fe – 2017 Santa Fe with 7 inch touchscreen and 8 inch Navigation
Launching smartphone integration on these existing models through MyHyundai will enhance the overall ownership experience according to Barry Ratzlaff the executive director, digital business planing and connected operations at Hyundai Motor America. Existing owners can now get the most out of their smart phones, by simply loading new software into their cars infotainment systems. Only a few years ago, they would have ad to buy a new car to get such a powerful upgrade
This is not the first time Hyundai has made a software upgrade available using the MyHyudnai portal. Last year Android Auto was offered to 2015 Sonata owners with Navigation. Hyundai continues to offer a customer focused user experience by leveraging the MyHyundai.com Platform. MyHyundai.com gives customers the option to update their car for free at their own schedule. Hyundai will continue to add value to its vehicles with the easy-to-do upgrades.
To complete the software upgrade, owners need their VIN number and USB memory stick or the SD card from the Navigation system. MyHyundai.com has installation guides to walk customers through the process. In the near future consumers will have access to do-it-yourself installation videos. The videos will be found on MyHyundai.com and the Hyundai USA You Tube channel and will include detailed download and installation instructions of the software.